Sunday, June 7, 2009

Summer Blooms

The flowers are all doing well as we have had good temps and sufficient rain of late. This morning the dogs and I went out to enjoy the clean, cool air. They played while I walked around and took photos of things in bloom.


Two buckets with Vinca.


The Sedum bowl is nearly full.


Sunny yellow Rose Moss.


Old-fashioned Honeysuckle. I wish you could smell it.


Daylily - 'stella de oro'


Gloriosa Daisy is nearly open.


(Not the best photo) of a wren with insect.



(Not the best photo), of a Giant Swallowtail butterfly and its host plant, Rue.




The old dog kennel is finally gone. I now have a 10'x30' area to play with. I'm thinking of building a 10'x20' pergola, planted with vines, on this end. A new privacy fence panel replaces the chainlink fence in the back.

1 comment:

Taffy said...

Beautiful flowers! Thanks for sharing. ~Twix